Paula’s Easy Christmas Sugar Cookies
1 C Room Temperature Butter (2 sticks) 2/3 C Sugar
2 1/2 C Sifted All Purpose Flour + more for dusting 1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C Sifted Confectioners Sugar
1 Tbsp Milk
1. Combine Flour & Salt. Set dry mixture aside.
2. Cream Butter & Sugar at medium speed. Beat in Egg & Vanilla.
3. Stir dry mixture into wet ingredients with wooden spoon.
4. Cover dough with plastic wrap and Chill for 30 minutes. I make ahead and chill overnight so the dough will be ready for the kids when they come over.
5. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
6. On floured surface Roll out dough to 1/4″ thickness & Cut with floured cookie cutter(s).
7. Place cookies on Greased or parchment lined cookie sheet & Bake for 8 – 9 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. Transfer to rack to cool.
1. Sift Confectioners Sugar into a bowl & Add milk. Stir until smooth.
2. Divide into separate bowls & Color as desired.
3. Spread icing onto cooled cookies & Add any decorations you want.
Makes about 18 cookies