Not only do balance bikes prepare kids to ride a pedal bike, but these confidence building bikes also offer years of fun and independence until they are big enough to ride a pedal bike.
The NEW lightweight SCRAAAM COASTER GT Aluminum Kids Balance Bike is designed to offer the best value, safest experience, and the most smiles for the dollar in a kid’s pedal free bike. The SCRAAAM Coaster GT is a result of years of development and product testing. We benchmarked the best bikes on the market and aimed to be better in every way.
Some of the features of the SCRAAAM Coaster GT include:
– Lightweight aluminum frame. The SCRAAAM Coaster GT weighs LESS THAN 5 pounds!!!
– Kids size handlebar grips. Many kids bikes have 1” diameter grips, the same as adult bikes. Our grips are 5/8” diameter, optimally sized for kids hands, giving greater control and confidence.
– 4 level side guard protection grips. We know kids can be rough on bikes; dropping the bike on its side or rubbing against walls. We have added 4 levels of protection on the end of each grip to protect not only the bike but the rider’s fingers.
– Quick release black anodized fasteners on the handlebar and seat for quick and easy adjustments.
– Handlebar pad. Offers an additional level of safety and that cool “racing bike” appearance.
– 2 Sets of graphics. On top of the standard “SCRAAAM COASTER GT” branding, you also get 2 sets of unique graphic patterns with each bike. These come uninstalled to allow your child to choose the unique look they want.
– Included Bike Stand. A portable bike stand ensures the bike always has a “home”. This helps teach kids to care for their bike and minimizes damage.
A lighter bike will not only be safer for your child but it will make the experience more enjoyable. The SCRAAAM COASTER GT is the perfect balance bike for kids 18 months to 5yrs+. Kids who learn to balance on a pedal free bike have a much easier time learning how to use a pedal bike, with most transitioning without the need for training wheels.
A big advantage of this light-weight bike is that even a child as young as a year and a half can control it. Pedal bikes are much heavier than balance bikes, making them more difficult to learn to balance even for children who are old enough to have started school. While my children and older grandchildren did not have one of these balance bikes, my youngest granddaughter, great niece and nephew all had one. The difference in the confidence when it came time to ride the larger and heavier pedal bike was profound with all three. Looking back at the fear that some of my children showed when they were learning to ride I wish that these bikes had been available then.
Balance bikes can be used to teach skills like balancing, steering, stopping, using caution, and basic traffic rules. Getting a child ready to ride a traditional pedal bike while allowing them to gain confidence and become more enthusiastic about biking. The pedal-less balance bike allows your child to straddle the bike with both feet on the ground and easily propel the bike by walking or running. Thereby, providing excellent exercise and coordination training.
Two prominent features of the SCRAAAM Balance Bike that I have not seen on other bikes are its handle grip size is smaller and it offers two seats, one traditional and one with a handle. The seat with the handle is great for when you need to hold on to your little one while on the bike and for assisting them in picking up the bike. Of course, the smaller handlebar grip makes it easier for little hands to hold on.
You can find one of these SCRAAAM Balance Bikes On AMAZON at a great introductory price.