For 50 years they have worked in communities (both large and small) to ensure their actions, through their services and programming, supported all individuals living with autism. Now it’s time to expand this work to focus on the rest of us – ensuring acceptance and inclusion in schools and communities that results in true appreciation of the unique aspects of all people. With our help they can get one step closer to a society where those with ASDs are truly valued for their unique talents and gifts.
How Can You Help:
- Recognize someone who is affected by autism and share your nomination on social media. Tag #AutismUniquelyYou so they can share your story.
- Put on the Puzzle! The Autism Awareness Puzzle Ribbon is the most recognized symbol of the autism community in the world. Wear it as a pin on your shirt, a magnet on your car, a badge on your blog, or even your Facebook profile picture – and educate folks on the potential of people with autism!
- Donate to the Autism Society: Help improve the lives of all impacted by autism with a financial gift to the Autism Society. Every dollar raised by the Autism Society allows us to improve the capabilities and services of our over 100 nationwide affiliates, provide the best national resource database and contact center specializing in autism, and increase public awareness about autism and the day-to-day issues faced by individuals with ASD and their families.
- Sign up for e-newsletter Autism Matters to continue sharing ideas on how to make a better world for autism here.
- Share your unique palm print on social media with the hashtag #AutismUniquelyYou – The idea is simple enough: paint your palms and make a print, then post a picture on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #AutismUniquelyYou and donate to your local Autism Society affiliate. Once the post is up, tag your friends, encouraging them to learn more about the disorder.
The unique characteristics of your post can help others understand those with Autism, are also unique individuals.
What does the puzzle ribbon mean to you?
To Me It Means
That even though we’re all different, we all part of the puzzle and
without each of us you wouldn’t be able to complete it.