In addition to direct deposit, you can also load your prepaid debit card in store with Money Pak or Western Union and from bank or PayPal accounts.
I went to the store to try out my card. Once my items were rung up I swiped it, entered my pin, and accepted the total just like any plain old boring bank debit card. Only I knew that what I had was much better choice for me.
Here are some fun facts about the product:
This is a debit card, like the one from your bank, and you can use it EVERYWHERE Visa is accepted — except it’s way cooler and cuter than your crumby old bank card.
- Free to order, activate and load
- Free app and check deposits from your smartphone
- Free direct deposit
- Free card-to-card transfers, anytime, anywhere, in seconds
- No overdraft fees — never goes negative!
- Safer than cash – 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds
- No debt, financially responsible, no interest/credit/APRs
- No credit check and approval in seconds
- 22,000 in-network ATMs
- Thousands of cool, unique card designs to choose from, including brands like: Garfield, Popeye, Betty Paige, James Dean, Care Bears, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Autism Awareness, Breast Cancer Research, Shark Week, Where’s Waldo, Doodle Jump, THree Stooges, Nancy Drew, etc.
This prepaid debit card is not a gift card, so you can’t give or receive the card as a gift – It’s better than a gift card because you don’t just use it once and toss it, but instead get to replace your boring bank-issued debit card and show it off over and over.
Free for 30 days – then $5.95 monthly fee, which we waive when you direct deposit over $800 in the previous 30 days. This fee is the same as the Walmart prepaid card and way less than many of our competitors. It’s also much less than overdrafting your bank account, paying for a checking account or using a credit card.