What you need for this recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix pretzel crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk with mixer until blended. Stir in COOL WHIP; spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir in berries; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
KraftKitchen Recipe Tips
Substitute:Prepare using 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Strawberry Gelatin.
MakeitEasy: Substitute 1 pkg. (20 oz.) frozen whole strawberries, sliced, for the fresh strawberries. Stir into gelatin along with the cold water. Refrigerate 10 to 15 min. or until thickened; spoon over cream cheese layer. Continue as directed.
Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Salad Squares
A light twist on a favorite dish to bring to potlucks and family gatherings, this dish is the perfect treat that’s both sweet and salty. You can serve it as a dessert or side dish. Everyone is sure to love it!
1 cup Fiber One cereal (Substituted for the pretzels)
3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
1/2 cup water
salt, to taste
Cream cheese layer
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
2 cups Cool Whip Free
Fruit Jello Topping
1 6-ounce package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
2 cups very hot water
2 cups strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1. Combine crust ingredients and pat in the bottom of a 9×13″ pan. Add a little more water if necessary. Bake 8 minutes in a preheated 375 oven. Let cool completely.
2. Combine Splenda and cream cheese in medium bowl for 3 minutes over low speed. The mixture will be thick. Gradually add Cool Whip, do not overbeat. Pour over cooled pretzel crust. Cover and chill 1 hour.
3. Combine Jello and hot water in medium bowl. Gradually add berries, stirring a few minutes until mixture has slightly cooled. Carefully pour over cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Makes 12 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 76, Total Fat 0.5 g, Protein 6.5 g, Carbs 22 g, Sodium 298 mg, Fiber 3 g