What Do You Need When You Mix Friendly’s Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl Flavored Coffee & Homemade Graham Crackers?
S’more Coffee In Your Cup, Of Course!!!
Breakfast or dessert? We say this coffee is good for either. When the sweet chocolatey flavors mingled with a hint of marshmallow cream and the nutty roasted coffee hit your tongue, you won’t care what time of day it is. You’ll just want to pour another cup.
Since first trying Friendly’s brand of coffee, we have been in love with their ice cream flavored coffees. They are always smooth and the flavors well balanced. Several months ago we got a few of these chocolate and marshmallow swirl flavored k-cups in a variety box and was immediately hooked on them. When we learned that this box was on its way we eagerly anticipated enjoying some more of them.
When this box arrived we considered grabbing our favorite box of graham crackers but knew that this coffee was worthy of much more. With the flavor of sweet chocolate and a hint of marshmallow cream, this coffee is a unique treat for our taste buds. Trust me, the beautiful aroma that this coffee put out while brewing is a treat for your senses, too. This is just great coffee, strong and flavorful without bitterness. Imagine freshly roasted Arabica beans infused with one of your favorite Friendly’s Ice Cream flavors. That has to bring happiness with every sip!
While indulging in the delicious taste of this ice cream flavored coffee you’re sure to want to make a second cup to enjoy with these yummy homemade graham crackers.
GRAHAM CRACKERS RECIPE
You will love this quick, easy, and totally delicious recipe from Bless This Mess Please!
|PREP TIME: 30 MINS||PASSIVE TIME: 30 MINS||COOK TIME: 10 – 12 MINS|
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar light or dark
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour or Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes (use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer for best results). Add the honey, milk, and vanilla extract and beat to combine well. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture and stir well to combine and to form a thick dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and press it into 2 disks. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (Don’t skip the chilling process. This firms up the butter, which in turns helps the crackers to keep their shape during baking.)
- After the 30 minutes remove one disk and roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface until it is ¼ inch thick. (If you like a crunchy cracker, roll the dough a little thinner and bake it until it looks a little brown. If you like a tender cracker (more like a cookie), keep the dough a bit thicker.)
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes (you can also use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into squares if you aren’t worried about cute little shapes). Transfer the cut pieces to a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat (a thin metal spatula will help you move the cut crackers to the baking sheet). Use a fork to poke the cut crackers a few times.
- Bake the crackers for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly browned. Longer cooking time will give you a crunchier cracker. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Place the crackers on a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough. Enjoy right away or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Orange Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers: Make the crackers according to the directions for the original graham cracker recipe. Once the crackers are cool enough to handle melt 1 cup of dark chocolate chips in the microwave. Microwave them in a small bowl for 20 to 30-second intervals, stirring after each time. When the chips are melted add 2-3 drops of orange oil and stir to combine. Dip half of the cooked and cooled original graham crackers in the melted chocolate and lay them on parchment or waxed paper until the chocolate sets.
Pumpkin Spice Graham Crackers: Add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the original graham crackers recipe when you add the flour and make as directed.
Tip: These make the most fabulous homemade graham cracker crust. If planning on a pie in the near future make two batches and turn one batch into an unforgettable crust.
Enter To WIN a FREE Box HERE!