Wondering what you can do?
Here are some ways that you can help.
The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Over 2 million people participate each year in YWCA programs at more than 1,300 locations across the U.S. www.ywca.org.
• Mp3 Players
• Digital Cameras
• Video Game Systems
Click here to get your free shipping label (3 cell phone minimum required). Have fewer than three phones or want to ship at your own expense? Mail to: Cellular Recycler, Attn: NCADV, 4840 Sterling Drive, Unit A, Boulder, CO 80301.
• Support legislation aimed at ending domestic violence
• Give support and resources to organizations across the US working to stop violence in the home
How It Works:
• Roughly 60 percent of the collected items will be refurbished and resold
• The revenue generated from the sale of refurbished items will be used to support NCADV programs that help end violence in the home
• The remaining items are recycled according to the highest environmental standards
Presidential Proclamation – National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, 2013
I know that there are many other wonderful charities out there and would love to hear about yours. Please share the contact information of your favorite charity.