We have several patriotic holidays that we celebrate here in the U.S. These important days are meant to bring family and friends together and remind us how great our country really is. Without sounding boastful, we do live in the greatest country in the world and it’s important to remember WHY we do. These days mean so much more than just a 3 day weekend and an excuse for a cookout.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 15th
- President’s Day (Washington and Lincoln’s Birthday)- Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Flag Day – June 14th
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Constitution Day – September 17th
- Columbus Day – Second Monday of October
- Election Day – Tuesday following the first Monday of November
- Veterans Day – November 11th
- Bill of Rights Day – December 15th
There are also some lesser know days that many Americans like to show their patriotism. Such as National Medal of Honor Day on March 25, Patriot Day on September 11, Pearl Harbor Day on December 7, and Armed Forces Day which is celebrated on the third Saturday in May. For more significant days and observances visit We Are Here.
How many of these holidays do you recognize and/or celebrate? As the daughter and spouse of military men, as well as growing up in a military town, I consider myself to be quite patriotic and wear red, white and blue often. But I must admit that I never paid much attention to some of these days in the past. So I’m adding days like National Medal of Honor Day and Patriot Day to my calendar! I am also excited to get some new Patriotic Clothing @ TheFlagShirt.com I was checking out their site and The Flag Shirt has some really awesome patriotic items. The shirt that I love the most is this sleeveless American Flag shirt. It reminds of one that I had as a teen. I wore it until the buttons were falling off! What do you wear to show your patriotism?