“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment provided me with a free copy of the DVD I am reviewing in this post. However, the opinions I share are my own.”
Buckle up your little racer for a high-speed good time – Wacky Races is back in an all-new animated series. Inspired by the classic series, these 10 adventures are jam-packed with fast, furious fun! Your favorite racers like Penelope Pitstop, Peter Perfect, the diabolical Dick Dastardly and his snickering side-kick Muttley are here – alongside new-comers Patty Pending, Princess Mimi, and Captain Crankshaft and his Skeleton Crew. Race around the world with this wacky bunch where the laps and the laughs don’t end ‘til the finish line!
Rev up your engines and get ready for a thrilling ride!
Start Your Engines and Take A Few Laps With Hanna-Barbera Wacky Races
Much to the surprise of our grandchildren, we received the soon to be released Wacky Races: Start Your Engines: Season 1 Volume 1 DVD. Of course, upon its arrival, our granddaughter and her twin brother began lobbying for the immediate insertion of the very exciting new arrival into the XBOX/DVD player. After pressing play, they both educated us on every character thoroughly. Which impressed us both. Once we saw that the DVD contained ten episodes, we know that 113 minutes of animated fun had been scheduled and was on its way. You can pre-order this DVD at a discounted price now on Amazon and eBay.
The eleven racers and their numbers are:
- Dick Dastardly and Muttley in the Mean Machine 00
- The Slag Brothers in the Bouldermobile 01
- The Gruesome Twosome in the Creepy Coupe 02
- Professor Pat Pending in the Convert-a-Car 03
- Red Max in the Crimson Haybailer 04
- Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat 05
- Sergeant Blast and Private Meekly in the Army Surplus Special 06
- The Ant Hill Mob in the Bulletproof Bomb 07
- Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear in the Arkansas Chuggabug 08
- Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific 09
- Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth in the Buzz Wagon 10
As always Warner Brothers Home Entertainment delivered an amazing vibrant animation with crisp colorful characters. I know we all enjoyed the dynamic audio as well. This quality made DVD kept us all laughing and entertained for a wholesome family-oriented night. By the grandchildren’s overwhelming response our DVD player has a lot of work ahead of it. And that’s just fine with US! The kids enjoyed all the great characters but my secret favorite is Muttley, who can always make me laugh. Who’s your favorite racer?