Tangy Meatloaf, Asian Banh Mi, and Greek Turkey Burgers
With game day just a few short weeks away, it’s time to find the perfect burger to serve. February 4th and the halftime show with Justin Timberlake will be here before you know it! When I got a new burger press several years ago I needed some great burger recipes to try out with my new adjustable burger press. Here are three mouthwatering recipes that I found and enjoy. They are anything but boring! Over the last few years, I have also interchanged the ingredients in these recipes with great success. So mix it up and enjoy these juicy and tasty burgers.
Tangy Meatloaf Burgers
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Soak the onion rings in a bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine the meatloaf mix with the diced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, paprika, 1 tablespoon each ketchup and duck sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Using the Bellemain Adjustable Burger Press form into 4 1-inch-thick patties; make an indentation in the center of each.
- Brush the patties with the olive oil and grill until marked on the bottom, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ketchup and duck sauce in a small bowl for brushing; set aside a few tablespoons. Turn the patties, brush with the ketchup mixture and continue grilling until cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Toast the buns, if desired.
- Spread the buns with the reserved ketchup mixture. Drain the onion rings. Serve the patties on the buns; top with the onion, lettuce, tomato, and pickles. Serve with sweet potato chips, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 444; Fat 19 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 123 mg; Sodium 1,079 mg; Carbohydrate 43 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 26 g
Asian Banh Mi Burgers
- Mix fish sauce, garlic paste, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest and juice, and scallions until combined; add pork and chopped cilantro and gently mix to combine. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Using the Bellemain Adjustable Burger Press form into 4 1-inch-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until oil begins to shimmer. Cook burgers 12 to 14 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees F.
- Spread spicy mayo on cut sides of buns. Top buns with lettuce, a burger, cucumber, carrots, and cilantro sprigs.
Greek Turkey Burger
- Preheat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. dressing mix, tomato, cucumber, vinegar, and oil. Chill while preparing burgers.
- In another bowl, combine remaining dressing, turkey, bread crumbs, egg white, and milk. Gently mix to combine ingredients;
- Using the Bellemain Adjustable Burger Press form into 4 patties.
- Grill 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Nestle each burger into a pita pocket; top with tomato mixture and Feta cheese. Add lettuce, if you like.