Weight Watchers Get Healthy Freestyle Journey – Week 1
My First Week On The Program
As I finish up my first full week of the Weight Watcher’s program I must say that it was a week of ups and downs. I started this journey with my eyes wide open as this is my second trip. I was successful before so somewhere deep down I know that I can do it again. However, I didn’t realize how much it would mean to have the support and encouragement of those around me once again. A phone call to check and see how my day went, accepting the changes to recipes without hesitation, and the other things that my family has done this week to encourage and support me. I’ve known for several years that I had lost my way and that I needed to get back to being healthier. Afterall, I do have a lot of knowledge as to how I should be eating and exercising. I just wasn’t doing it! It’s time to get myself back to living. Afterall, I’ve got some wonderful people in my life and I want to be around to enjoy my grandchildren.
How my freestyle weight loss week went:
My first big hurdle came before I had told everyone that I was going back to Weight Watchers. We went to visit my parents and lunchtime came. Mom offered us lunch and that’s when I told her. She fixed their lunch as planned which was meatloaf sandwiches and chips. Then, made me a salad with every veggie she could find in her fridge. I got a small piece of the meatloaf to eat with my salad. When lunch was done I didn’t feel deprived. I actually felt good. That same day I went grocery shopping and spent 80 percent of my budget on fresh fruits and vegetables. The other 20 percent went to healthy meats.
Midweek found me faced with Chinese on my plate. However, by using riced cauliflower instead of rice and a healthy switch from battering and frying my chicken to using chicken breast and simply adding it to my veggies, I enjoyed my meal of stir fry and stayed within my points.
My week was spent adapting to my new way of thinking and decision making. A week of strategizing and exploring the changes that have been made to the program since I had done it more than ten years ago.
Once a month I take my aunt to do her monthly shopping. So when Friday came it was my next big challenge. A day of shopping, bill paying, and eating lunch out at a restaurant. I had all my weekly points left and had even banked a few. So I was prepared. However, with just making a few changes to my normal selection I not only had a delicious lunch but I went to bed Friday night without touching those extra points and 1 more point in my bank for Super Bowl Sunday. Which thanks to all the “free foods” on the program was going to be as satisfying as the game was sure to be exciting. However, before the game and party started it was the moment of truth. I found my way to the scale for my first weigh-in since starting my journey a week and a half ago. Nervously, I stepped on the scale and was shocked to see that I had lost 7.8 pounds! It’s game time! Until next week… Remember to stay positive and keep looking forward.
Where are you?
Where are you on your journey? What are your health goals? Do you have any tips to help me succeed? I would love if you would let me know.
Share your thoughts below or on my Facebook fan page.
I am not a medical professional. The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
DID YOU MISS LAST WEEK’S POST?