I make several different fig preserves and jams every year from the fig trees at my Mom’s house so I was thrilled when I received all four of Orchard Choice’s delicious fig spreads (Organic Mission, Balsamic Pepper, California Orange, and Port Wine) and a bag of Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice Mission Figlets to try. I never considered making these unique flavors and must say they are great. I substituted the Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread for Barbecue Sauce and made a new chicken dish that was unlike anything I had ever had the pleasure of eating. In the morning I used the Port Wine Fig Spread on toast for breakfast and it was delicious. I would recommend these to any fig lover. I plan on using the figlets to make fig bars for Christmas.Want to try these great spreads? Be sure to enter the giveaway below for your chance to win.
Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread
1) Place Chicken pieces into sauce pan skin side down.
2) Mix equal parts Chicken Broth and Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread
3) Then pour sauce over chicken in pan and cover.
4) Cook over Medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and cook 15 minutes or until done.
5) Remove chicken and reduce juices until thick and pour over chicken.
I served my chicken with rice and broccoli. The next day I diced the leftover piece and made chicken fried rice for lunch. Yummm!!!!
One lucky reader will win 1 Orchard Choice California Fig Spreads Gift Set
Dates: Dec 14 – Dec 31
Chances of winning depend on entries received.
Open to US residents 18 years and older
Winning entry will be verified